Why is the use of VICKS VapoRub recommended?
Unpleasant symptoms such as blocked nose and cough can prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep. VICKS VapoRub applied at bedtime starts to relieve nasal congestion in about 1 minute3 and cough in about 15 minutes4. VICKS VapoRub releases it’s therapeutic vapours throughout the night for up to 8 hours2.
How long are VICKS VapoRub’s vapours released and how should I apply it?
After VICKS VapoRub has been applied, vapours are released for up to 8 hours2. For adults and children above 2 years old, gently massage onto the chest and back before going to bed. Adults can also rub VICKS VapoRub rub on the throat1.
Can VICKS VapoRub be used on children?
VICKS VapoRub may only be used on children above 2 years old. Gently massage the product onto the chest and back before going to bed to help to relieve cold symptoms1.
For more details on our products’ features and benefits, please read the usage instructions carefully before using the product.
1. VICKS VapoRub SmPC
2. Internal Procter & Gamble Technical Report RPS1147/44; 2010
3. Eccles, R., Jaward, M., Ramsey, D.L. and Hull J.D. (2015) Efficacy of a Tropical Aromatic Rub (VICKS VapoRub”)-Speed of Action of Subjective Nasal Cooling and Relief from Nasal Congestion. Open Journal of Respiratory Diseases, 5, 10-18.
4. Procter & Gamble (Data on File, 1982). Study MR 92-2007. Citric Acid Aerosol-Induced Cough in Healthy Adults Evaluating VICKS VapoRub’s Antitussive Efficacy.
5. Santhi N, Ramsey D, Phillipson G, Hull D, Revell VL, Dijk D-J. (2017) Efficacy of a topical aromatic rub (Vicks VapoRub®) on effects on self-reported and actigraphically assessed aspects of sleep in common cold patients. OJRD 7: 83-101.
6. Paul, I. M., Beiler, J. S., King, T. S., Clapp, E. R., Vallati, J., & Berlin, C. M. (2010). Vapor rub, petrolatum, and no treatment for children with nocturnal cough and cold symptoms. Pediatrics. 126(6). 1092-1099